Coconut Cake & Seven-Minute Frosting
For Phil's birthday I made a coconut cake with a variant on seven-minute frosting. Some of the research I did turned up some recipes I'd like to keep around for next year. This year, I just added a little bit of coconut extract and about 3/4 c. of shredded coconut to a Duncan Hines yellow cake mix, and topped with Bookwoman's version of seven-minute frosting. I slightly overbeat the frosting so it was a little stiff but had good flavor. The cake was also overbaked so was a little dry. Good flavor though. Next time, I'll just make from scratch like normal.
Coconut Cake with coconut in the cake (not just flavoring):
- Rave Reviews Coconut Cake (uses cake mix)
- Ina Garten Coconut Cupcakes - Used this one before and came out amazing
- Duncan Hines Coconut Cream Cake (uses cake mix)
Seven-Minute Frosting when you don't have a double boiler

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home