Hamstella's World

Where do all the hours go? What am I doing during the day while I'm sitting at my desk? Is my boss reading this?

Monday, March 28, 2011

Buttermilk Biscuits

Alton Brown's southern biscuits recipe from the Food Network showed promise. I didn't have buttermilk so I used the 2 tbsp white vinegar + 1 c. milk as a substitute. Other than that I followed the recipe the best I could. The dough was very sticky so I might have added too much flour during the kneading and rolling step.

They rose well but had a tough bottom because of the dark cookie sheet. According to the White Lily biscuit tips, a shiny cookie sheet would help the biscuits brown on the top and bottom evenly rather than just the bottoms with a dark cookie sheet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home